Society of Boulder County Pioneers formed.
Territorial Pioneers of Boulder formed.
February, Boulder County Courthouse burned.
Boulder History Club formed.
Cornerstone of new courthouse set.
In April, the first history museum opens in the northwest
ground floor of the new courthouse building, donated by
the county. Society shared space with the Boulder Art
Pioneer village created in vacant Pearl Street store.
Territorial Pioneers commit $500 towards construction
of a museum.
Preliminary discussions of a post war civic center started.
10th October - Boulder Historical Society formed.
January, a fundraising drive to provide funds for a new
city hall launched.
BHS incorporated as a Colorado non-profit.
School district donated space on the second floor of
the Central School for use by the Boulder Historical Society.
First fundraising book sale held at Jones Drug store
on Pearl Street for use by the Boulder Historical Society.
Asked to vacate Central School by June 1957.
Bought Safeway building at 1655 Broadway for $75,000.
Boulder Ice & Cold Storage at 21st & Pearl Street
burned. Many irreplaceable items from the collection destroyed
including Boulder Band's instruments.
Boulder Centennial celebrations 'Rush to the Rockies'.
City buys Harbeck-Bergheim House for $82,500.
Society purchased Squires-Tourtellot House/Malick House
Society moved into Squires-Tourtellot House/Malick House
at 1019 Spruce Street.
City offers BHS use of Harbeck-Bergheim House at 1206
Euclid Avenue on University Hill as Museum. Society sells
Squires-Tourtellot House and begins renovations on new
The Boulder History Museum opens to the public at its
new location on 'the hill'.
New Boulder History Exhibit 'Storymakers' opens April
Society & Museum celebrates 60th Anniversay with
Celebrate Boulder! New Pioneers Banquet at the Hotel Boulderado
Society purchases new off-site Collections Storage Facility
to house over 35,000 objects.
Society completes move by the end of summer of the entire
artifact collection of over 35,000 objects to the new
Collections Storage Facility Christensen Building.